Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tun-Der-Bolts

I'm a bit behind, both with this blog and with my contribution to the Periscope Sketch Tumblr but I think this turned out to be one of my best pieces. I was trying to measure up to all the great already done by my amazing friends. For some reason I can't just do part of a team. I want to draw all of them and I want to do it in a single image. I've been building up to more and more elaborate team shots and this time I was able to fit all nine members of the Thunderbolts into my drawing:

The series is written by Jeff Parker and if you don't know his work then you should check it out. There is more to good comics writing than Alan Moore and Brian Michael Bendis. Those guys are great, at what they each do, but I like comics that err on the lighter side without being aimless. Jeff Parker is great at infusing his work with a great mix of humor, mystery, grit and spectacle. Check out his current runs on Thunderbolts and The Hulk (with the great Gabe Hardman!")

No comments:

Post a Comment